Halloween Classic Tournament
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do you accept credit cards?
A. Yes. We accept tournament registraton fees by both credit card or check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to AVYSL and mail to the address listed on our registration page.
Q. How will the brackets be organized?
A. The tournament director and committee will review each team’s record from the previous year. Selection and placement will be based, in part, on fall 2012 and spring 2013 win/loss record. Brackets will also consider geography.
Q. What is the registration deadline?
A. The registration deadline will be 8 weeks prior to the event, or August 31, 2013.
Q. How will I be notified if my team has been accepted into the tournament?
A. You will be notified within 1 week following the application deadline.
Q. If I withdraw my team, will I receive a full refund?
A. Once a team has been notified of thier acceptance, the team has one week to withdraw from the tournament in order to receive a refund of their tournament entry fees. After that time, no refunds will be granted.
Q. When can I expect the tournament schedule for my team?
A. Schedules will be posted to your GotSoccer account and emailed no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the tournament.
Q. When is check-in?
- Tournament check-in is Saturday and Sunday morning, at least 60 minutes before your first game, at the Headquarter booth at the complex.
- No more Friday night check-in!
- Players are not required to be present for this initial team check-in
- Teams must present the following items for one-time verification by the tournament/site diretor. If the coach or manager is unable to produce these credentials that all games will be forfeited until such time that the team presents the following credentials: no exceptions!
- Medical release forms (CYSA 1601), signed and dated by parent/guardian for each player.
- Official GOLDENROD Team Roster
- Laminated CYSA player passes
- Laminated coach's passes, including asst. coaches
- Up to 3 CYSA Guest players will be permitted.
- Each team will be required to surrender their player passes to the Tournament Director at the check-in event. The player passes will be reviewed by the referee/s prior to each game. The field marshal/referee will return the player passes to your team at the conclusion of your game.