April 16, 2010
At GotSoccer we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by GotSoccer LLC. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, GotSoccer’s “services”). GotSoccer adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free through our website or write to us at GotSoccer LLC., 2000 Strand Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266.
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a GotSoccer account or other GotSoccer service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other GotSoccer services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our websites; and
- Developing new services.
GotSoccer processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We process personal information to provide our own services and to facilitate interaction between connected parties wishing to use registration functions such as clubs, leagues, and state associations.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Personal information is never sold to a third party, and we provide an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case GotSoccer may not be able to provide those services to you.
GotSoccer only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of GotSoccer in the following limited circumstances:
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated organizations or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing functions such as event management to which an individual has subscribed to. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of GotSoccer, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregate, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to GotSoccer employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
GotSoccer processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use GotSoccer services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
Suggestions, Feedback & Software Development
Here at GotSoccer we are continually improving our products as well as designing and building new ones. We gladly take into consideration all requests and feedback from our users to deliver the best products on the market, and then to continually refine them to be even better. GotSoccer may recieve requests for features that are already in development but have not yet been announced, or recieve feedback on existing systems and make adjustments to them. Due to the quantity and variety of feedback and requests that we recieve, it is not possible to credit these to individuals. All suggestions or ideas sent to GotSoccer become the intellectual property of GotSoccer, LLC.
GotSoccer regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or GotSoccer’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at GotSoccer, LLC., 2000 Strand Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266, USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is GotSoccer’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between GotSoccer and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy Matters, c/o GotSoccer LLC, 2000 Strand Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266, USA.