Rules & Guidelines for Team Costume Contests
- The Team Costume Contest is open, at no additional cost, to all teams participating in the Almaden Halloween Classic tournament, no matter what age you are.
- Each team may enter only once.
- This is not an individual contest, but a TEAM. For teams U9 to U11, you must have a minimum of 8 player entries to make up a team for judging purposes. Teams U12 and older must have a minimum of 11 to enter. Coaches in the picture are a Bonus!
- We encourage teams to consider the creativity of homemade costumes.
- It’s a FAMILY costume contest and intended for fun. Please, no profanity or adult-themes.
- You can enter the contest by presenting your team to the judges at the tournament HQ booth upon team check-in or during the HQ booth hours of 7:30 am - 3:00 pm on Saturday, 10/25.
- Judging panel will evaluate and determine awards based on the following categories:
- Most original team costume
- Most creative team costume
- Best homemade team costume
- Best referee costume (only referees eligible)
- Please note that standard uniform policies must be adhered to:
- players must have matching uniform
- All entrants will be judged by a panel of judges assigned by the Tournament Director. Judges will score pictures on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest in the following categories (and are subject to change): Most original, most creative, best homemade and referee costume.
- Prizes will be given to the winner of each category as well as a handful of honorable mention prizes.
- You may incorporate your club uniform into the costume, but the Judging Committee will not be given Team Names to prevent Club Bias.
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION:
- The judges shall have the sole authority and discretion to select the winners.
- By registering, all Halloween Costume Contest participants agree to let the Almaden Halloween Classic, the Almaden Valley Youth Soccer League (AVYSL) and its managing members use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.